FLOW IN OPEN CHANNEL
1. Able to define and analyze the uniform and non-uniform flow in open channel
1.1. Types of Channel
1.1.1 Natural Open Channel
1.1.2 Category of Artificial Open Channel
1.2 Types of Flow
1.2.1 Flow Classification
1. Able to define and analyze non-uniform flow in open channel.
2.1 Resistance of Flow Formula
2.1.1 Chezy Formula
2.1.2 Ganguillet Kutter Formula2.1.3 Banzin Formula
2.1.4 Manning Formula
22.214.171.124 Factor Affecting Manning Formula
2.2 Determination of Normal Depth by Various Formula
2.2.1 Trial & Error and Graphical Solution
2.2.2 General Design Chart
2.2.3 Numerical Method
2.3 Design of Channel (Typical section)
EFFECTIVE CROSS SECTION
2.4 Design of Channel (Effective Cross Section)
NON - UNIFORM FLOW
1. Able to identify and analyze non uniform flow in Open Channel.
3.1 Specific Energy
3.1.1 Specific Energy in Open Channel
3.1.2 Specific Energy Diagram (E-y)
3.1.3 Specific Energy Diagram (q-y)
3.2 Determination of critical depth using various method
3.3 Control Section
RAPID VARIED FLOW
1. Able to identify and analyze Rapid Varied Flow in Open Channel.
3.4.1 Hydraulic Jump
- Types of Jump
-The uses of hydraulic jump
3.4.2 Momentum Principles, Conjugate Depth, Dissipated Energy, Power
GRADUALLY VARIED FLOW
1. Able to identify and analyze Gradually Varied Flow (GVF) in Open Channel.
3.5.2 Governing Equation
3.5.3 Classification of Open Channel Flows
3.5.4 Classification of Flow Profile
3.5.5 Numerical Analysis of Water Surface Profile
1. Able to predict prototype behavior from the measurement of a model.
2. Able to predict correlate the analytical result with the experimental.
4.1 Dimension Analysis
4.1.1 System Unit and Hydraulic Variables
4.1.2 Method of Dimensional Analysis
a) Rayleigh's Method
b) Buckingham's Method
4.2 Hydraulic Similarity4.2.1 Undistorted Model
4.2.2 Distorted Model
4.2.3 Types of Similarity
a) Geometric Similarity
b) Kinematic Similarity
c) Dynamic Similarity
1. Able to analyze hydraulics machinery principles.
5.1 Pump Design
5.2 Classifications of Pumps
5.3 Pump: Description of a Centrifugal Pump
5.4 Pump Operating In Combination